T’was the Monday after Christmas, and all through work
No one wanted to be there, but the boss was a jerk.
He told me to be in the office on time and not a minute late,
Or else my employment would meet an horrible fate.
I sat in my cubicle staring at my screen,
While thoughts of Christmas still filled my dreams.
Although I couldn’t, I wanted to tell everyone about my new toys,
But I knew the boss would yell if I made a noise.
Damn The Man.
That poem is a work in progress. Anyway, I hope everyone had a great holiday. I definitely did.
A few highlights:
- Ate some homecooking
- Got a few CDs that will definitely make my upcoming Top 10 of 2009 list
- Spent time with my nephew, the great Cancun Scrubbings
- Read an absolutely brilliant holiday ode to Waffle House
- Watched Emmet Otter’s Jug-Band Christmas and the Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation Special
- Played Wii Bowling and Wii Golf for the first time ever. And kicked butt.
- Received a new Hooters Calendar for the 15th year in a row
(By the way, a question on the 2010 Hooters Calendar. How is there only one girl from Tampa in the whole calendar? It was almost like the Hooters people went out their way to deny Tampa proper representation. I wonder if there is a quota on where the girls are from. Unfortunately, the Hooters Calendar web site does not have a searchable archive like the Maxim Hometown Hotties page. Hooters people, you need to get on that.)
Unfortunately, although I did beg and plead Santa, and even though it is for sale, the Astrodome was not under my tree. Nor the Silverdome. Nor the Alamo Dome. Not even Olympic Stadium.
All I want is a place to call my own, is that too much to ask for?