I’ve been to South Dakota. It’s a really beautiful state with a lot of rolling hills and a bunch of other naturific things going on. It is the home of Mount Rushmore and the Crazy Horse Memorial. It is where Tom Brokaw was born.
I bet you knew all that already.
(Except for the fact that I went to South Dakota. Unless you know me personally, in which case you are half of the people who read this blog.)
However, here are a few things I bet you didn’t know about South Dakota:
- Clark is the Potato Capital of South Dakota. Clark is home to the world famous Mashed Potato Wrestling contest.(from 50States.com)
- Milk is the official drink of South Dakota (FunTrivia.com)
- Hockey player Andreas Nodl, who Wikipedia claims is “widely known as the greatest hockey player to ever play in the National Hockey League” and who was “offered in a trade for the Washington Capitals hockey prodigy, Alexander Ovechkin” once played for the Sioux Falls Stampede.
- Methuselah the Tortoise, a resident of Rapid City, is 128 years old. (American Profile.com)
- The State Sport of South Dakota is “Rodeo”. (Trip Advisor.com)
- The State Insect is the honey bee. (Food Reference.com)
- There is a Gayville and an Oral in South Dakota. (CoolQuiz.com)
- And finally, according to the almighty, all-knowing, and all-seeing Google Analytics, no one from South Dakota has ever visited JordiScrubbings.com
So if you know someone from South Dakota, tell them to swing on by. If you are from South Dakota, welcome.