- In the last year, I have seen a walk-off home run, a cycle, and a no-hitter. Granted, I go to approximately 20 Rays games and a handful of minor league games a year, but I still think that’s impressive.
- Friday night was the first time I wore the afro to Tropicana Field. That won’t happen again.
- Friday night I also brought a vuvuzela, one of the four I ordered from soccer.com (cheap plug!). Even though Joe Madden of the Rays said they are a bad gimmick, I brought one anyway. That won’t happen again.
- Another note about the vuvuzela: if you watch the last highlight, you can hear a faint buzzing in the background. I had one of approximately 10 horns in the crowd. Yes, they get that loud. I can’t imagine being in a stadium full of horns. Especially a dome.
- During the game, I also had the pleasure of meeting two Rays fans I talk to on twitter: Ingrid (aka kero97) and Brandi (aka southernmojo). They were awesome. We talked about doing a Rays fan tweet-up soon.
- The Rays are 2-7 this year in games I have attended and have not won in my presence since April 9th, the first Friday of the season. After starting 2-0 that first week, they have lost 7 in a row. I was seriously considering not going to Friday’s game in an attempt to end this streak. My next tickets are for a game during a huge series against Boston next week. I’m not sure I can even consider putting my personal baseball enjoyment ahead of the success of the team. I may have to sit this one out.